Articles

Finding God Through Art

June 12, 2019

it takes a special encounter I think to really be able to say that Jesus is and was and will be God I was 27 and I had received this national scholarship to study this ancient technique of painting called yoga which is Japanese style paintings using as write and malachite and his beautiful brushes and using silk and paper and it's extravagantly beautiful materials I realized that I didn't have a place in my heart that shelf by my heart to hold that beauty a very beauty that I was creating I was reading a poem by William Blake who I studied in college and his last epic poem called Jerusalem Blake created a composite figure called Albion who asked all the questions that I was asking it was kind of this symbol for searching humanity and there's Jesus on the cross answering him from the cross now bian says Oh load myself hood cruel marches against thee deceitful to meet the inspried and Jesus answers from the cause he says fear not Albion unless I die thou cannot live and then he Jesus goes into the soliloquy which is one of the most beautiful summarization of what the Christians call the gospel the good news and he tells Albion wood-style of one who never died for thee or ever die for one who has not died for thee and if God dies not for man and gives himself eternity for man man cannot exist but God is love as man is loved and every kindness to another is but a little death in the divine image I was reading it but it was almost like this voice coming over me this voice that washed over me and I realized at that moment this historic figure of Jesus was no longer just this historic figure but he was the one who was calling me all along through my creativity and I realized if this is true if Jesus is the one who gave His life for me so I would know love the greater love that I have been longing for if this is true then that is exactly the paradigm that will allow me to understand beauty beauty that I was creating that I could see that not just as a self-expression but as an offering and at that moment my life changed I did not know for about a year that I had become a Christian but I started to run with Jesus at that moment I wanted to know about Jesus I wanted to know more about the Bible I wanted to understand this love love that is defined by sacrifice and at that moment I think I realized that art which was this God for me a way to seek out the truth has a deeper magic deeper well and um and his name was Jesus you

• Reply Andrea Wimer June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

Thank you.i am a talented artist.put on a shelf because I felt it was not Godly but earthly.i will pick it back up as a career.nothing else I would rather do.

• Reply Michael Fujimoto June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

Magnificent! Well-articulated truth that is eternally profound.

• Reply Lori Morris Paintings June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

Your story is like water for my soul… I often feel very alone in my faith that Jesus has not only died for me but has led me to connect with Him through creativity. Of course being connected to Him in the midst of it is wonderful… but to try to explain it to others and share it with other humans feels lonely and misunderstood. But as I watch you talk about it, I am just incredibly happy for you and for me!

• Reply Bek Blaku June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

So beautifully expressed

• Reply trey gause June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

thank you so much for this. this is the truth

• Reply Arjuna 1 June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

I am an artist with lots of love for everything.. but whatever i love the bible say to me that this all is satan and god hates that all.. i wonder what this god is.. i e been searching for 8 years extrem.. from new age to christianity.. and i found nothing.. just drama and sadness and no repentance do anything and no forgiveness do anything and no praying…

i dont care any further.. i will draw, play my guitar and life my life… if i went for that to hell so i go, no problem anymore.. cause god didnt show me grace, just drama and horror.. i was praying to a wall..

• Reply Matthew Simpson June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

I'm so sorry, but the character Jesus was most likely invented by Roman Caesars, as there are a few other older Mythologies with nearly identical stories, assertions, and super powers.

There are also very probably no gods, existence is entirely consistent with what it would be like, with no gods, and there's no valid evidence or argument for assuming they're even likely.

Please try to understand that it matters what we believe is real or not, and how we determine that.

• Reply RE ABERILLA June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

Finding GOD is finding your soul, and your "heart", not from MONEY!

• Reply RE ABERILLA June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

In my "entire" – life, I have never met this "imaginary Jesus", but Archangel Michael and Jahuveh Elohim! They manifested to me! There is no such thing as "heaven", where lights and angels are being found, but a "cosmos" full of "sub atomic – molecule 'strata', where your 'sub atomic molecule body' will be pulled to and though the dimensions of being! The name Jesus Christ is a Roman invention! He does not exist! He only exists in your "brains"!

• Reply RE ABERILLA June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

Jesus is "not" a god! He is the divine "son" of God! In fact, His name is Michael The Archangel, not Jesus!

• Reply RE ABERILLA June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

I, for one, has God ( Yahuveh ) in my endeavours of drawings and paintings; like a continouos visit, giving me ideas to paint or manifestations!

• Reply Slim Pickingz June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

see you up there brother.

• Reply Jenny Miller June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

I get what he is saying… I can feel God's presence when I paint sometimes. Sometimes my brushstrokes are prayers and paint becomes tears staining the page.

• Reply Sherwin Sampson June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

Amazing.

• Reply Andrew Flower June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

Why are there no Japanese subtitles? He's japanese… either subtitles or dubbing would be awesome.

• Reply lastey firstey June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

Beautiful!

• Reply Mindy Lacefield June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

so powerful!! I am going to share this with my Christian journaling workshop. so grateful that he shared his story!

• Reply Kesica Brewster June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

I love this. Thank you for sharing!

• Reply olive19 June 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm